1752795 Members
5867 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Reset ILO password Proliant dl380

Jaime Arellano V
Occasional Advisor

Reset ILO password Proliant dl380

I need reset de password in the proliant dl380. The last operator "don't remember" the password and the label was removed. What pin I need jump?
2 REPLIES 2
scott

You need to set jumper (J29)the Integrated Lights-Out Security Override
Switch.
To set the iLO Security Override Jumper:
1. Power down the server.
2. Remove the server from the rack.
3. Remove the server access panel.
4. Locate the three pins of J29 and move the jumper from the front and center pins to the center and rear pins to override password security. J29 is to the front of the 30 pin Remote Insight Connector.
5. Replace the server access panel and put the server back into the rack.
6. Power on the server.
7. Logon to the iLO and reset the passwords.

A warning message will be displayed on the iLO Web pages indicating the iLO Security Override function is currently active. An iLO log entry will be added recording the use of the iLO Security Override. An SNMP alert may also be sent upon setting or clearing the iLO Security Override function.
In the unlikely event it is necessary, enabling the iLO Security Override also enables the iLO boot-block to be flashed. The boot-block will be exposed until the iLO is reset. Compaq recommends the iLO be disconnected from the network until the reset is complete.

For more info:
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/supportinformation/techpubs/maintenance_guides/233831
-001_rev1_us.pdf

G'Luck!
scott

I found that there is an ILO security Overide switch on the motherboard. By default it's set to 0 for off, if you set it to 1, it turns it on. When it is turned on you can get into to ILO with no username or password and then go in and change the user account passwords. Once you've changed the password(s), you change the switch back to 0, of course this requires you to shut down the server twice.