1751796 Members
5235 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Resetting last admin bios password

Kevin Carne
Occasional Contributor

Resetting last admin bios password

I have a Proliant DL380G5 that will not boot win 2003 server. I need to get into the admin bios but the consultant who set the password does not remember it. How can I reset this password without damaging the server? Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Tim Rich, jr

Kevin - resetting the configuration will work (system maintenance switch)- which has options and warnings that are listed in the help file (.chm) for your server. BE ADVISED THAT THIS COULD MAKE YOUR PROBLEM WORSE!

More importantly, what is the error message that you are receiving? Maybe there is a 'get the server running' solution and defer the password problem in a less urgent mode?

Tim
Kevin Carne
Occasional Contributor

Hi Tim, Thanks for the response...did the reset and got by the admin password issue. The server still is hanging on the 2003 SRV splash screen. in safe mode it stops at acpitabl.dat. A day spent working on it and no luck. Any thoughts?
Tim Rich, jr

If you are in safe mode, follow typical diagnosis paths. If you can't get to safe mode or console mode, or if you are not experienced with this type of process/problem, find someone who will assist you (hopefully they would also teach you).

Also, if you can get into safe mode, schedule a check disk to run on startup (if it gets that far). Checkdisk fixes problems like this enough to be a worthy attempt. (Even if you aren't comfortable with diagnosing the rest).

Best wishes to you!
Tim
(off to work now :) )
Kevin Carne
Occasional Contributor

It turned out to be the board.....what a pain but HP support is on the way and they were great. Thanks for you support.