5796 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SATA RAID Controller not recognized in smartstart

Tarek Kawach
Honored Contributor

Re: SATA RAID Controller not recognized in smartstart

Just to confirm:

What Kurt Eberspacher said is all true, smartstart dosenot work for this server.

and you can follow his instructions.

if you don't have external usb floppy; you now use usb key.

- here is the link you will need
HP Drive key utility:
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/23062.html

you will need a 1.44 floppy, workstation, and usb key that is empty.

- Good luck.
Hey, look a light at the end of the tunnel.
SSTL Group

I have this issue with a DL320G4. I have a USB floppy drive and the SATA RAID driver available but get a problem when installing 2K3.

I can boot of 2K3 CD fine and select F6 and then install the driver from the USB floppy. However, after the partitioning stage and checking of the install partition, it starts to copy the files it needs and asks for the SATA RAID driver to be inserted. The floppy is still attached and the disk in the drive, but it no longer recognises the USB device and I can go no further.

I updated the system ROM and even tried using the USB driver for older windows versions but to no avail.
Troy Beckett

Ben - did you ever find a workaround for this problem? I am experiencing the same exact issue and would love to hear if you found the fix/workaround to this problem.

Thanks in advance
Troy Beckett

My last response was actually directed at SSTL Group - I am not sure how to contact them directly but they are experiencing the exact same problem I am having.

SSTL Group wrote "I can boot of 2K3 CD fine and select F6 and then install the driver from the USB floppy. However, after the partitioning stage and checking of the install partition, it starts to copy the files it needs and asks for the SATA RAID driver to be inserted. The floppy is still attached and the disk in the drive, but it no longer recognises the USB device and I can go no further."

Anyone got any clues on this one?
Winner V

Please see the forum,
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1056407

this will explain the solution, I faced the same problem with one of my client...

Although SmartStart is not supported, install Windows using it with the SATA RAID disabled in RBSU. After Windows completion, enable SATA RAID and then enter ARRAY CONFIGURATION F8 and do as mentioned in the above forum.