New Discussion

SATA/RAID Drivers for HP Microserver G7 N54L

SOLVED
Go to solution
Caandal
Visitor

SATA/RAID Drivers for HP Microserver G7 N54L

Hi Everyone

I have a new drive to install on an HP Proliant Microserver G7 N54L.  The drivers provide for here are not recognised by the system. i have downloaded cp020622.exe ans cp028066.exe from  h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex.  I exctracted the files to a folder and then loaded them on to a memory stick.  I have installed SCSI and SATA RAID drivers on many occasions and am familiar with the installation process.  Any help will be appreciated

Many thanks

Alan

3 REPLIES 3
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: SATA/RAID Drivers for HP Microserver G7 N54L

That Microserver did not ship with a standard "P" series Smart array controller, which is what the driver files you have downloaded are for.   It uses a chipset SATA RAID controller or 'fake RAID' as many refer to it.  There was a RAID driver available for specific OS releases. 

Start here http://h20566.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=6525483&lang=en&cc=us

Look for the AMD SB7xx/SB8xx SATA RAID Driver

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Caandal
Visitor

Hi Jimmy

Thanks for the feedback. That driver is only available from AMD I need to get authorisation from them to log in and download. It I do not have the necessary contacts at AMD

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro
Solution

I'd suggest to set the controller to AHCI mode and not use the RAID function.  These chipset RAID controllers being software driven do not really offer an advantage over using the RAID function offered by the OS. 

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!