ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753929 Members
8849 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Server features Board - Proliant ML350 G1

Scott Nester

Server features Board - Proliant ML350 G1

I have a first generation Proliant ML350. Is there a way to disable the onboard SCSI ports on the Server Feature Board, so I can use my RAID controller? I don't want to buy a SCSI cable and terminator if I can use the onboard dip switches to disable the ports. There are 7 dip switches, but I can't find any documentation on them.
4 REPLIES 4
CA859951
Honored Contributor

Scott:

You should not need to disable the onboard SCSI to use a RAID Controller. They would be separate controllers on a separate bus.
You should be able to re-use the cable from the on-board to the drives as the drive backplane is already terminated.

What controller are you trying to use?
"Now is the only thing that's real!"
Scott Nester

It's a Smart Array 3200. HP Support suggested going into the F10 Utilities and changing the boot order.
CA859951
Honored Contributor

Let me know if you need assistance with configuring your system or the array? You did not state if HP Tech Support solved your issue.

-john
"Now is the only thing that's real!"
Scott Nester

Thanks for your suggestions. HP Support told me the same as you did. I tried a different PCI slot, and the system booted fine. I'm not in the process of configuring my array and all is going well so far. Thank you again.