4771 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Servers Not Rebooting after Power Failure

Sandeep H Raman
Advisor

Re: Servers Not Rebooting after Power Failure

Good luck, :)
If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem.
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

On a DL380 G4, reboot and press F9 to enter the RBSU (ROM Based Setup Utility). Navigate to Server Availability, and you should see an option named Automatic Power-On. Enable it where required.
Keith W
Frequent Advisor

Thanks. I found the setting on one of my DL380's and DL360's but in the brief window I had today couldn't see one on the ML350 or ML360's.

I have planned downtime tomorrow to investigate fully.
RaMpaNTe
Trusted Contributor

In the BIOS of the ML and DL you will have the same option but the name is not the same though, you just need to find what the option is I'm 100% sure of that 'cause I used it in a lot of servers ML and DL
You heve a question... I have an aswer!!!
Keith W
Frequent Advisor

I downed the entire infrastructure this morning before start of business and have run into some issues.

On all the DL's (360/380) the setting is there to keep power on no problem - set it, and everything is fine.

However, on all the ML's (350/370/530) I could fine no setting (and I went through EVERY setting in BIOS) that offers the same functionality as that on the DL.

ALL the servers were recently upgraded using the latest BIOS/Firmware CD from HP, so they should all have the latest BIOS revisions.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

I checked an ML570 G3, and it too has the Automatic Power-On feature. An ML570 G2 with the latest BIOS (4/26/2005) does not have the feature or anything similar. The feature may not be availabe on older models.
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

I checked an ML570 G3, and it too has the Automatic Power-On feature. An ML570 G2 with the latest BIOS (4/26/2005) does not have the feature or anything similar. The feature may not be available on older models.
raceserver

Wow.... I just spent two days with HP support to figure this out on a DL380. I went through three case numbers and five techs and none ever called back. Finally got one tech that went into the lab to figure it out. Just signed up on this form and there is the solution! Should have done this two days ago!! I would suspect the ML350 servers are lower end servers and may not support the feature. You could just use a remote boot program with a batch file to turn on the ML servers as a work around.
Daniel Warne

How did this end up? Were you able to powerup the ML350 servers automatically?

I'm having the same issue at the moment.
Micha#322; Dalecki

On ML110:
F10 -> Main -> Boot Features -> After Power Failure -> Last state
should do the trick for "previous power state when power returns".
And:
F10 -> Main -> Boot Features -> After Power Failure -> Power On
should always boot the box after power back.