1752792 Members
6081 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Servers Not Rebooting after Power Failure

Daniel Warne

Re: Servers Not Rebooting after Power Failure

Yep, that works for the ML110 but those options aren't there for the ML350

Is there a later BIOS update that can do this? I'm running D15, or is there an alternative way?
Gunnar Kindlundh

I have a DL360 G3 with Bios P31 03/03/2005 and it has not the option to set this behavior. The only options under ASR is Status, Timout and Termal Shutdown. This is the same also for one DL380 G3 and some of the DL360 G4.
Dave Casey

Did anyone find a solution that will enable my DL360 G3's to restart after a power failure? I've tried updating the bios and ILO(I don't use this) but I still don't see the Automatic Power-On settings listed in the BIOS.

help! These servers make lousy domain controllers if everything else in the building comes back online but these do not.

The ilo on the DL360 allows the user to set the server to power on when AC power is restored. This setting is in the Virtual Power tab of the ilo web based GUI.
Justin Barbalace
Occasional Visitor

I have a ML350 G3. Same problem, after the UPS shuts things down on a schedule or power failure, it does not come on automatically. This is a feature I really need. any Ideas?

I tryed the win2003 Shutdown patch KB819760, but it has not helped.

Tryed changing registry HKLM/software/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/Winlogon/PowerdownAfterShutdown to 1 (was 0), so it would not power off (which it still does), no change when UPS comes back on, the server stays off.