ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1748142 Members
3529 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Setup and service docs for ProLiant 800 (P02)?

Andy Bender
Advisor

Setup and service docs for ProLiant 800 (P02)?

Howdy, y'all; we've dusted off a ProLiant 800 with dual PentiumPro CPUs @ 200MHz to use with WinNT4 Server (SP6A). After coupla installation iterations, it's working reliably.

But I'd like to add memory (up to 512KB max., I believe), and install an IDE disk, as the 2 SCSI disks are 4.3GB each. Object is to run coupla Oracle departmental apps, so need to know which memory type, and the largest IDE disk supported. We have coupla 20GB disks lying around.

Can't find the setup and service docs for this server. Anybody seem 'em around lately?

Thanks for your assistance.

APJ in SoCal, USA.
2 REPLIES 2
Carlos_61
Valued Contributor

Andy Bender
Advisor

Thanx for your note, Carlos.

I saw that version of the setup manual, but it's for the newer Pentium II ProLiant 800. We have an older version with dual Pentium Pro CPUs @ 200MHz. It's probably more than 10 years old, but would probably work correctly with Win2K Server.

The system now contains 224MB of what looks EDO DIMMs, and I think that I recall that it'll take (4 x 128MB DIMMs) up to 512MB. But need to know for sure before I invest the time in chasing down the correct parts, 'cause they may not be easy to find.

So, if you've seen the docs for the older Pentium Pro version, I'd be appreciative of having them.

APJ in SoCal, USA.