108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Smart Array 6400 Controller ERROR - ML370G3

SOLVED
Go to solution
Masego Dhliwayo

Smart Array 6400 Controller ERROR - ML370G3

At post my ML370G3 shows this error:
1783 - controller is in lockup state until hardware configuration is resolved.
Previous ADU reports had been indicating a battery failure (please see attached doc).
I have had the 1783 problem since I detached controller card to have a look at the battery pack part no.
1. I have tried removing & resiting the card without success
2. I updated firmware using downloaded v7.8 cd, but at post the 6400EM card still reports that baseboard firmware on the main card needs updating
2. In the meantime I've ordered new battery packs for the controller
Any leads anyone??
7 REPLIES 7
Chris Rosan
Valued Contributor

Have you tried removing the battery pack on the controller? I take it that it's the array accellerator RAM battery that fail's? I have 3 of these and lose a battery every 2-3 months in one of the servers.
Masego Dhliwayo

Hi Chris, are you suggesting I remove the RAM battery on the controller?
Chris Rosan
Valued Contributor
Solution

I suggest you remove the RAM and see if it works. If it does, leave the RAM out until you get the new battery.
Masego Dhliwayo

Thanks Chris. Removing the RAM got the card back online and i'm most relieved to have my disks back and have the users happy while we wait for the batteries. I'm concerned that you say the batteries fail every three months though. Do you know what could be causing the problem? I'm very grateful for your assistance though.
Chris Rosan
Valued Contributor

I'm not sure what the problem is. I've given up replacing them as i always have to do it out of hours and the servers are off-site.

I believe it's fixed on later servers, and on later servers you can actually hot swap the batteries. I was shown a server the other day which had this feature, and the battery was not on the array card. It had its own position in the case.
samer daif

it never succeed with me
is there is any other reasons?
Masego Dhliwayo

Once I got the new batteries, I re-inserted the RAM and i've not had problems since then. Did you update firmware?