ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753415 Members
7288 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Storage Enclosure Device Failure (Bay 3 and 4)

SOLVED
Go to solution
empeiro
Advisor

Storage Enclosure Device Failure (Bay 3 and 4)

Greetings, since I switched from a SATA SSD to an NVMe PCIe, connected by a NVME PCIe Adapter, two bays of the storage array failed. When I disconned the NVMe it still not work.

The Integraded Management Log shows some messanges:

"POST Error: 1789-Slot X Drive Array Disk Drive(s) Not Responding. Check cables or replace the problematic drive(s)."

"POST Error: 1787-Slot X Drive Array Operating in Interim Recovery (Degraded) Mode"

"Internal Storage Enclosure Device Failure (Bay 3, Box 0, Port 3I, Slot 0)"

"Internal Storage Enclosure Device Failure (Bay 4, Box 0, Port 4I, Slot 0)"

"Uncorrectable Machine Check Exception (Board 0, Processor 1, APIC ID 0x00000000, Bank 0x00000003, Status 0xBE000000'00800400, Address 0x00000000'0000F34B, Misc 0x00000000'00000000)"

The Mini-SAS Plug seems to be connected well. And when I switch disk from bay 3 to 2 it registers well, so the disk seems to be fine.

What does the "Uncorrectable Machine Check Exception " mean?

I gues I cutted a connection, which cables I have to check?

Thank you for your help!

----

Machine: HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 (J06) Server, 4x 3TB WD purple, Intel Xeon E31225

2 REPLIES 2
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Storage Enclosure Device Failure (Bay 3 and 4)

Hello,

Good Day !!!!!

1. Update the server bios and firmware with the latest.
2. Change the BIOS Settings as follows:
a. Power Management Options >> Hp Power Profile >> Maximum performance.
b. Power Management Options >> Hp Power Regulator >> Hp Static High Performance Mode.
c.Power Management Options >> Advanced Power Management Options >>Intel_Minimum_Processor_Idle_Power_Package_State No_Package_State
c. Power Management Options >> Advanced Power Management Options >> Minimum Processor Idle Power State >> No C-States

If the issue still persists m processor or Memory supposed to be replaced.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

empeiro
Advisor

Re: Storage Enclosure Device Failure (Bay 3 and 4)

Hello,
thank you for your quick reply! It worked, the "Uncorrectable Machine Check Exception" did not show up anymore.
I cecked also the Mini-SAS plug again, i pressed it really hard into the board and it made cklick, so it wasen't pluged in well. All four bays are working now.
Have a great weekend!