ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1752754 Members
4755 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Supplemental IDE HDD in ML370 G2 unrecognized.

demoitie

Supplemental IDE HDD in ML370 G2 unrecognized.

In my ML370 G2 there is, 2 disks in raid 1 for the system partition (C:\), 3 disks in raid 5 for the data partition (E:\), 1 spare disk for a automatic rebuild in case ... There is also a scsi tape drive and a ide dvd reader (D:\).
I would like add a ide hdd 120 Gb (primary)with the ide dvd drive (secondary).
When i make this it seams that the BIOS recognize the drives as (C:\ and CDROM) but, when the system is up, the new drive is not visible (Disk Management).
Is it a conflict with the C:\'s drives ?
How to put the new drive in F:\ (for ex.) ?
Evidently i don't want to reconfigure the raid devices.
2 REPLIES 2
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Re: Supplemental IDE HDD in ML370 G2 unrecognized.

add alternate IDE controller (PCI card) don't use on board IDe , it made only for CD DVD
CA1260269

Re: Supplemental IDE HDD in ML370 G2 unrecognized.

I am also trying to add an IDE 120gb drive to a Proliant 2500 server. I am attempting to use an Adaptec ASH-1233 ATA adapter. The card and attached drive are properly recognized during startup. The problem is when I boot the server with the card installed, it invariably wants to boot to the drive attached to it. So, I get a non-system disk boot error, and cannot go further. There is no way to turn off the bios on the controller card. The error also comes up before I can F10 my way into the system bios. If I remove the card the server boots fine. I have tried changing the boot order in the bios, but no change. Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks