1748228 Members
4397 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

System Management Homepage

Sergio Serrano G├│mez
Occasional Contributor

System Management Homepage

Hi, is it posible to recover the administrator password of the System Management Homepage?

Thanks...
3 REPLIES 3
Frogman
Frequent Advisor

Re: System Management Homepage

Hi Sergio

Run the task manager and right click on the SIM process, you will then have the option to change the password.

Give it a try and let me know.

Regards
Andre
Frogman
Frequent Advisor

Hi Sergio

I testes and apologize as I was wrong, you need to to do the folowing

Right Click my computer, and click on Manage. Click on Services and Applications and then on Services.

Look for "HP Systems Insight Manager" now click on "Log on"

You should be able to change the password here.

Regards
Andre
sgunelius
Trusted Contributor

To my knowledge you cannot recover the password, but you can assign a new one using the following methods:

The quickest method is to copy the file called cpqhmmd.acl (located in the C:\Compaq\Wbem) folder with a know good file that has the correct accounts and passwords set (Administrator, Operator, and User) and stop/start the SNMP service which in turn should stop/start the Insight Agent services.

A cleaner method might be to deploy the latest ProLiant Support Pack (PSP) which also contains the Insight Agents. These components must be configured (including account/password settings) before they are deployed. Also the past several versions of the agents can be configured to use Windows authentication (ex. Local Administrators group) in lieu of Administrator, Operator or User accounts.

Scott