ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1747994 Members
4874 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

System Management homepage shows ?????'s

CHRISTOPHER MILLER

System Management homepage shows ?????'s

When i open up the System Management homepage on a specific server it shows all ?????'s and Version control does not work. I alrady upgraded everything to the latest version. Any ideas how to fix it? See attached
3 REPLIES 3
Charles Quesada

Re: System Management homepage shows ?????'s

You must configure your SNMP settings, as a matter of fact the proper order when installing the System Management Home Page is SNMP settings and then SMHP. Do the following:

SNMP configuration:
In order to configure the SNMP protocol accepted community names, we need to go to administrative tools>services> SNMP service> SNMP service properties. The two tabs that we work with are the Traps and Security Tabs.

Traps tab
1. Add a community name by typing the desired community name e.g. "public" then clicking on Add to list button.
2. Under the traps destination add the loop back IP address 127.0.0.1 and the IP address or name of the Systems Insight Manager server if used.
The Community Names parameter of SNMP provides security for the protocol. The value entered into Accepted Community Names assigns the device to a group or community with that name. Anyone knowing that Community Name can access that community. The default Community value is Public. You may wish to change the community string to prevent unauthorized access to your devices.

Security tab
1. Click on Add and then type the community name and community rights. Then click on Add.
2. In order to use SNMP Set commands or mark events as ├в Repaired├в in the Integrated Management Log (IML), Read/Write or Read/Create access is needed.
3. Choose either Accept SNMP packets from any host or accept SNMP packets from these hosts. If you choose the 2nd option you will need to add the localhost and the SIM server name if used.
After you have configured SNMP├в ┬жyou can continue with the installation of the Proliant Support Pack.
CHRISTOPHER MILLER

I have tried everything you mentioned already. I even already REinstalled the Most current ROMPAQ 7.70a but - No Help
SNMP Setting are fine - Same setting on all servers
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

what server is it ?