1753697 Members
4929 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: TC2120 Power led blinking

CA1064576
Valued Contributor

TC2120 Power led blinking

I have a NetServer TC2120, often when i restart the server, it doesn├В┬┤t boot, no image on the screen and the Power led on the server is blinking green-orange-green-orange......
If i turn off for hours, i can turn on again with no proble
5 REPLIES 5
Leif Bryde

I have got exactly the same condition with my server TC2120.

Did you get an answar to the problem???
Please-If yes, then what was wrong?

Regards
Leif Bryde
Jim Correll
Occasional Contributor

I am another user with a tc2120 that will not boot up. No display, no keyboard lights, no beeps. There is a light on the Motherboard, and the drive light and power light come on. If I let the server sit for a while, then it will boot up. Apparently the hard drive has to cool down before it will work. But I would like some confirmation from someone that it is the hard drive, and that it should be replaced before it fails completely (and maybe while it is still under warranty).

Thanks to anyone with a definitive answer.
Tully Moye

I have two tc2120 computers doing the same thing. I have removed all cards and replaced the ram. I swapped Pentium processors in both machines and the start up problem persisted. All of this leads me to believe that it is a problem in the motherboard.
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

Verify the voltage selector switch is set to 110/115V. They tend to ship the server with it set to 220/230V. This means when you plug it into the wall, it's only getting half the power it's looking for.

Let us know how it goes,

Sean T. Craig Sr. C.E.T., M.C.P.

I am King...of my apartment.
Jehanzeb_1
Occasional Contributor

We are in the process of changing our supply, infact it is being taken out as we speak.

The supply is not very good on these machines. I would suggest to change the supply on yours.

Here is another thread which is related to this topic

http://forums12.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447627+1210843031040+28353475&threadId=1035815

Hope this helps

Regards

Jehanzeb