ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753511 Members
5125 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

TC3100 and Security Update

CA792918

TC3100 and Security Update

I have HP TC3100 server with ATI Rage XL display adapter. When I install the security patch (Q299444) from Windows Update the computer will not boot using the ATI driver; the window goes black saying 'no signal'. It only boots to a VGA mode. When the SRP is removed it starts OK. In the event viewer there is error message saying 'A conflict has been detected between two drivers which claimed two overlapping memory regions. Driver Reserved, with device <.Translated>, claimed a memory range with starting address in data address 0x28 and 0x2c, and length in data address 0x30'.
I've tried installing the service packs (6a) and drivers in different orders etc. and tried also older ATI drivers.
Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
CA660377
Honored Contributor

Re: TC3100 and Security Update

The only option at this time is to remove that security patch.
CA792918

Removing would not be an option... We recommend using these fixes to our customers.
Do you know if I can expect a fix for this from ATI, HP or Microsoft. Whose fault of those three is this?
Weird thing is that when I install the hot fixes included in the Security Patch one by one the problem does not occur.
CA660377
Honored Contributor

There will be a fix for it, probably coming from HP. When that is, I don't know, but I would expect it to be soon. Keep checking the drivers page.