1753480 Members
5024 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

TC4100

Martin121
Occasional Visitor

TC4100

Im in need of some help with my server, I have tried a number of different os for my TC4100 server but no matter which one i use it will not install it. So my question is what os is compatable with this server

windows or linux

which windows and which linux.

thanks martin121

4 REPLIES 4
Brad Scalio
Occasional Visitor

Re: TC4100

I assume you get something like, "No Hard Drives Found" when installing? The MegaRAID sym53c8xx has issues upstream of RHEL3 ... you can install with a specified driver if you like, also you can try CentOS5 ... it tends to backport more support in this area.

Martin121
Occasional Visitor

well as i cant aford for a licence for rhel i would prefer a free linux to use on it i have tried centOS5.5 but once it loads and after going through the installation it gets to the point of formatting the hard drives and then brings up a partition error and asks to restart. I know it is not a bad hard drive as i have 8 different scsi hard drives and it does the same with all.

Brad Scalio
Occasional Visitor

can you post the exact error message

Martin121
Occasional Visitor

sorry on the late reply well what happens is when i format the hard drive in CentOS 5.5 it will organise the partitions then just at the end of formating it will bring up this error : 

error mounting device sda1 as /boot: invalid argument. This most likely means this partition has not been formatted. Press ok to reboot system.

It is the same for any linux i try to install any ideas on how to fix this problem as i really need the server running within the next few days