ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1752795 Members
5937 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: THE DEVICE, DEVICE\SCSI\CPQCISSM1, did not respond within the timeout period

April Larocque

THE DEVICE, DEVICE\SCSI\CPQCISSM1, did not respond within the timeout period

THE DEVICE, DEVICE\SCSI\CPQCISSM1, did not respond within the timeout period.
This error is showing up in the event viewer and it is on a HP Proliant ML330 G3 server.
signed, April Larocque
5 REPLIES 5
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

Re: THE DEVICE, DEVICE\SCSI\CPQCISSM1, did not respond within the timeout period

Most often the CPQCISSM error indicates that the array controller is failing.
Darren Quigley
Advisor

Have you booted the server to the HP Firmware cd? This will update the firmware of the hard drives?

Darren
Benjamin Rutledge

Is there anything that would make multiple array controllers fail in the same machine? I just replaced a controller in my dl380 g2 and it looked like everything was OK for a few days, but now I'm getting the error again. Any help would be appreciated. I have two brand new controllers on order but they won't be here in time if the controller is going to fail again.
Mara McCrary

I have the same thing. Is there any way to determine for sure if the controller is going bad? Or do I just have to replace it and see if that works?

I'm running an HP DL320G5P with and extra Smart Array Controller 6400 connected to a MSA30 (SB) with 3SCSI Disks of 146GB inserted.
I have the same event that shows when the server freezes (approx once per month).
I'm also looking for help. I'll update all firmware first within 2 weeks for starters ...