4707 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Temperature Sensor

SOLVED
Go to solution
CA1363187

Temperature Sensor

Hi, Is anyone know if there any temperature sensor in the proliant and netservers? And it is possible to activate to shutdown the server when is higher of normal.

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor
Solution

Yes, have a look at the HP System Management Homepage's 'Home' tab. From the Home tab, and in the Recovery section, click the Environment link. In Environment you'll see the current temperatures and thresholds. Also, there is an option to shut down the server as a thermal degraded action.

Also, you will find a similar thermal degraded action option in the RBSU (ROM-Based Setup Utility).
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

Hi Francisco,

It's different for Netservers. You can use Instant TopTools to monitor the sensors in the server. There are a few Netservers that don't have a management controller and you won't be able to use it but most of the Netservers can run it. You can download a copy from here:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=50440&prodNameId=28162&swEnvOID=226&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=ns-11142-1

Give it a try and if you need any help, write back.

Good luck,

Sean T. Craig Sr. C.E.T., M.C.P.

P.S. Say thanks with points as per forum guidelines.
I am King...of my apartment.
CA1363187

Thanks for your answers ,

I install the software in proliants DL380 G2, G3, DL 360 G3, G4, but it doesn't work in Proliant DL140, Do you know what is the software for that model of servers?

Thanks.
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Hi,

the 100-series servers do not support the System Management features found in the 300 series and above. The entry level servers have only basic management functions - e.g. the Lights-Out 100:
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/remotemgmt/lightsout100/index.html

Regards,
Stephen