cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get to Boot options of proliant gen 8 microserver

JoshuaC
Occasional Visitor

Unable to get to Boot options of proliant gen 8 microserver

I bought one of those servers of ebuyer (UK website, good deals). The model I bought is
HP ProLiant Gen8 G1610T MicroServer which seemed to be everything I would need, I have a copy of Windows Server 2008/12 and Redhat but planned to try WS08. However I have a problem, I have set up the machine, followed the posted instructions and simply I press F10 at the flashing green light and at numerous times throughout the system startup and nothing happens. There is a beep at some stage (couple of minutes waiting) then the server goes quiet. I do not know what is happening as there is no output from the server to my monitor via VGA.

The light is on the top right, which I assume is to say server is ok?

Is there anyone whom could give me some suggestions to troubleshoot?

3 REPLIES
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: Unable to get to Boot options of proliant gen 8 microserver

Sounds like Intelligent Provisioning is corrupt, you can download the recovery image and reinstall Intelligent Provisioning.

Or just boot from your OS media and install the OS. You can downlaod and install the SPP after the OS is running

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
JoshuaC
Occasional Visitor

Okay, thank you :) seems a shame that this has corrupt. Typically I don't have an optical drive on this machine, so I will need to boot from USB.

Could you inform me what I need to press/do to get the server to boot from USB? On windows I would have pressed f2 but everything is different.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Press F11 during POST to get to the boot menu. If there isn't an OS on the hard drives, it should boot from USB without interaction

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!