108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unresolved conflict between Disks and NVRAM

SOLVED
Go to solution
William Harrington_1
Frequent Advisor

Unresolved conflict between Disks and NVRAM

On a LH3 Netserver I removed 6 18 GB drives and added 4 each 1-1/2" 50GB drives. After clearing the config, configuring the drives, and intializing them I am getting the subject message.

The OS was not changed, it is on 3 drives in the 2nd bay.

I've changed the drives configurations before without having the NVRAM error continue to show up. These drives are 7200 RPM rather than 10K like the others, would that cause the error.

I plan on reinstalling the OS and reconfiguring again but would like to hear and ideas or suggestion on eliminating this NVRAM error.
3 REPLIES 3
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

This happens, if the information about the raid config in NVram and on the disks is not the same. In other words, some or all disks have a different config stored as the controller himself. Check your array config again and save the config.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
William Harrington_1
Frequent Advisor

I had cleared the configuartion before but tryied it again without success but the issue has been resolved.
I had known that the lefthand 6 bay cage had a bad drive slot at the top but we just left this bay empty. I received a replacement cage today and after installing the cage and putting an additional drive in place, configuring the drives again the NVRAM error stopped so I guess it knew there was a problem with the cage.
William Harrington_1
Frequent Advisor

see my final comment.