ProLiant Servers - Netservers

Upgrade DL320 from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003

CA1410610

Upgrade DL320 from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003

Recently I upgraded 2 of the 3 DL320 wich I have in my lan. Everything semmed to go well until both of them failed to start in the first W2003 boot with a BAD_POOL_HEADER error. I finally found that there were a problem with SATA controler.

The first one was not much of a trouble (it was an ISA server) and just installed it from blank. The second one was a little bit harder because it was a DC and had to do some cleaning in Active Directory before instaling from blank. The third one I need to do then upgrade.

The problem is that the SATA controler is not loaded from de W2003 disk. I have try to use F6 to load third party drivers (HP) and did not work. The only way that I was able to install the server was using the SmartStart CD. ¿Does any one know the right way to do and upgrade it so the problem can be avoided?
2 REPLIES 2
Adrian Coles
Occasional Advisor

Re: Upgrade DL320 from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003

You say you have used F6 to load the drivers.

Are you running the upgrade by booting from CD?

Have you tried to upgrade by running the CD within Win 2K?
If I remember correctly, it should list what is and is not compatible and ask for the updated drivers so that it can store them ready to use at the appropriate point.

If you haven't tried that, do so and let us know the out come...

CA1410610

Re: Upgrade DL320 from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003

Sorry for not been clear.

The first thing I tryed was upgrading from inside W2000. This process seemed to work ok until first W2003 boot, then I tryed to repair the instalation boting from the CD