ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1752808 Members
6028 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Upgrading BIOS Version

Sung K

Upgrading BIOS Version

We are currently running an "outdated" version of the system BIOS on our Compaq DL380 Server. It's P-17, but it is dated April 2001. Here at the Compaq web site, there is a 2004 version available. In an effort to stay efficient with a clean install of the Windows 2000 server, I as wondering if there is a NEED to upgrade the version of BIOS. Any help would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

P17 it's only family

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/romtabl.html

last bios for DL380 G1 released
version 4.11 P17-12/18/2002

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/17424.html

System ROM(BIOS) keep up to date
CA1288930

ROM updates are extremely important. Your system's firmware is the first level of programming atop of your hardware.

In the lab where I work all servers MUST be up-to-date with the latest and greatest firmware to be considered reliable. After all, firmware revisions are released as bugs are fixed, etc.

NOTE: An earlier response pointed out that P17 is only the ROM family. This is correct. I would suggest that in the future your post say the ROM family and revision date. For instance, a DL 585 G1 uses ROM family A01. However, when describing the ROM I would be expected to state the ROM version as A01(6.14.05) as opposed to A01(8.26.05).

Had the full ROM version been listed in your post, I could have added a link to or attached the ROM you require.

Thanks,
Sam
Sung K

version 4.11 P17-12/18/2002 should be the one that I have to update?

What else should i check for?

thanks guys..~
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

for now, from HW side only firmware: System ROM, HDD, Array controller, RILOE and Fiber if Used