1753259 Members
5118 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Urgent: DL380 G1 Inaccessible Boot Device BSOD

orty
Occasional Contributor

Urgent: DL380 G1 Inaccessible Boot Device BSOD

I have a server that is having trouble getting going. I migrated this DL380G1 server from a Proliant 1600. I took the RAID card and scsi drive out of the 1600, installed it in the DL380, booted off the 1600 driver, and it installed all the new drivers from the DL380, including the array, and everything appeared fine.

Naturally, I'd rather have the system running on the DL380s RAID controller, so I cloned the drive from the 1600 (after it'd been running in the system for a while) to a RAID1 array. Upon boot, I get the Inaccessible Boot Device BSOD (after it shows the WIndows 2000 server splash screen).

I've verified the data copied over properly, as I booted an ERD Commander disk and saw all the data fine. I just need to know how to get this thing to boot using the right drivers w/out reinstalling everything (as the old 1600 is hosed, and this has an IIS install that I need to have in-tact because of some old archaic code -- didn't write it, just inherited it).

I've ran a Windows 2000 Recovery console repair, still get the error. I'm sure it's the device driver, just don't know how to get windows to use the right one.

Thoughts?
2 REPLIES 2
orty
Occasional Contributor

Additional Note: Just realized I moved from a Proliant 800 (PIII model) not a 1600, but they both use the same RAID card (at least they did at our office).
orty
Occasional Contributor

Update on this again: I think I found part of the problem. I tried moving in the hal.dll from another system. I think this hal.dll was set for MPS Uniprocessor on the old machine, so I copied over the Standard PC version and rebooted. Appears to work fine (thus far).