1752579 Members
3093 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Where to download BIOS for HP Proliant Microserver N40L

hfguk
Occasional Visitor

Where to download BIOS for HP Proliant Microserver N40L

I have an HP Proliant Microserver N40L running the original BIOS with Microsoft Windows Home Server 2011. Recently, I am considering to install Windows 10 Pro. After some googling, it looks like I would have to upgrade the BIOS. However, the HPE download site would not let me download the BIOS as my machine is well out of warrantee. 

Can someone help me how I can get hold of a copy of the latest BIOS for the N40L?

6 REPLIES 6
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: Where to download BIOS for HP Proliant Microserver N40L

Hello,

You can download from the below link.

System ROMPaq Firmware Upgrade for HP ProLiant MicroServer (For USB Key-Media)

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX-57720d956df94dfcbaa0e28256#tab-history

NOTE: You have to register on the HPE site before download.

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

hfguk
Occasional Visitor

Thanks SanjeevGoyal,

When I followed the link and select download, it prompted "An active warranty or support agreement covering Proliant servers must be linked to your HPE Support Center profile to access this BIOS". My server has been out of warranty years ago. 

tomtomSG

that is one of the most worthless feedbacks ever, without warranty no download.

very good customer experience, i would say.

first, they deliver sh*t, then they make it hard to fix and provide incomplete information. one should consider Dell servers again if you dont care about B2C ... don't forget: the private people using those servers might work as professional IT guys too and will remember such support.

when helping with a very few clicks (we are talking about a 3 MB download) you can spend ton of dollars for marketing to get a better image instead - one should explain that to me (shaking head).

I am sooo disappointed that i even signed-up to this **bleep** forum

ridiculous!

tomtomSG

for everyone else: rather google for "SP64420.exe" than consulting HPE :-S ... useless!

William Hancock
Visitor

What a mess... I can't download the firmware without a valid support agreement or product registered in my account. I can't register my N40L server with HPE because they don't recognise the S/N despite me sending them photos of it. Phone support said they wouldn't raise a new support case without a valid warranty. The Sales support said they can't sell me a warranty without a valid S/N and the social media team are saying "contact Phone support" what an absolute baf of horse crap.
Sunitha_Mod

Hello @William Hancock

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We have shared the details with the respective team regarding the Serinial Number issue so that someone from the concerned team can reach out to you.  

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo