ProLiant Servers - Netservers

Win Server 2008 R2 Ent. 64bit install error

Win Server 2008 R2 Ent. 64bit install error

Trying to install Win Server 2008 R2 Ent. 64bit on a HP ProLiant ML350 G5 / where two logical drives Raid 5 and Raid 1 are setup through a SmartArray P400 storage controller. I was running Win Server 2008 RTM before and the system was working fine.
I formated the 1st logical drive and selected it for installing R2. Now I am getting the error while selecting the install partition "Windows cannot be installed on this partition because the BIOS configuration is not allowing to boot from this drive". I have installed the SmartArray P400 driver but the same error appeared. BIOS settings are fine but I assume the BIOS version is old (did not check/update)

I have downloaded the latest version os SmartStart and try to do a Bios update and hope the error will be fixed.

Has anybody an idea how this error can be fixed?

Thx, Frank
1 REPLY 1
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

Re: Win Server 2008 R2 Ent. 64bit install error

It's a bug with the WS08 setup routine. Start with a single array / logical drive if possible. Partition and format the drive during setup. Cancel installation, reboot, and restart installation, and it should continue with your existing partitioned/formatted drive.