1748066 Members
5365 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Windows 2000 AS on Proliant 6000

Bruce Code
Advisor

Windows 2000 AS on Proliant 6000

Hi. I am trying to set Windows 2000 AS up on a Proliant 6000, but everytime I install and go to start after the final installation reboot, I get an error stating (basically) that the Server cannot find ntoskrnl.exe. Can anyone help me? What am I missing? SCSI drivers? Boot partition the wrong size? Something else? I'm 90% sure that this server has had 2000AS on it previously before it was running BeOS (which we are going away from for this box). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Bruc

-------------------------------

P.S. This Thread has been moved from Servers --> General to Servers --> Proliant - Netservers - Forum Moderator

7 REPLIES 7
Bruce Code
Advisor

Sorry, not BeOS, it has FreeBSD on it and I want to move to 2000AS
Mark Morgan
Regular Advisor

Do you have a SmartStart CD. This will erase the drives, setup any hardware and enable the cd to load your OS.

I had quite a time loading Advanced Server 2000. I eventually shut it down, pulled some hardware and swapped the cd-rom.

Rebooted and reset the system and finally got the OS loaded.

Good Luck.
Bruce Code
Advisor

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have the SmartStart CD. I recently downloaded the most recent SmartStart, Drivers, ROMPaqs and FirmWare Maintenance CD, but none of those has helped either.

I have fully erased the system set up and rerun the SmartStart CD with different hardware configurations a number of times, but without success...
Mark Morgan
Regular Advisor

How many drives are in the system. Is a array card present and are they cabled to it?
You may have a harddrive issue.
Bruce Code
Advisor

Hi Mark,

I have a Compaq 3200ES Array Card and all drives (18x) are attached to it properly.

Thanks,

Bruce

Atomic Design Studio
http://www.atomicdesignstudio.com.au
Mark Morgan
Regular Advisor

Have you had any success?

Sincerely, Mark.
Bruce Code
Advisor

Hi Mark,

No, no success. The server won't even POST now... I'm a desktop person, not a server person :S

Regards,

Bruce