3973 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Windows 2000 Server on NetServer E60 With BIOS 4.06.26

SOLVED
Go to solution
Stuart Drabble

Windows 2000 Server on NetServer E60 With BIOS 4.06.26

I have the exact problem that the BIOS update to 4.06.26 is supposed to fix. I have upgraded the BIOS, but continue to get the same problem:

Windows 2000 Server install hangs at "Setup is inspecting your computer's hardware configuration..."

Anybody got any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Stuart,

Did you clear the CMOS and load default values after flashing? Try pressing on POST instead of to access the advanced CMOS options and move over to the Exit page. There will be a third option to "Clear System Configuration and Exit Setup" Choose that one and confirm. Now go back into the CMOS but with this time. Load default values with and save and exit.

Are you in the process of an O/S install? If so, and the above steps have no effect, pull out all the RAM except for 1 stick and try again. Switch sticks if the result is the same.

Try that and let us know what happens,

Sean T. Craig Sr. C.E.T., M.C.P.

I am King...of my apartment.
Stuart Drabble

How bizarre. Yes, it was a RAM thing. I've removed the three 256MB sticks I had in and put back the single 64MB stick and installation is proceeding as normal!

Once I have completed the install I'll put the other RAM back in and see how it goes.

Thanks for the help.
Brad Skwirsk

I am trying to upgrade my Netserver E60 to 1gig of memory. I have done the BIOS upgrade to 4.06.26 but the memory test still does not see it when I boot up. When I put 1 of the 512 chips in the server just sits there and displays nothing the screen. I leave the 2 64meg chips in put both 512meg chips in the memory test goes through to 128meg and the device screen comes up and says slot0, slot1 has 64M and slot2, slot3 have 512M in them. I have tried what was said here to clear out bios and set to default and put only 1 chip in but still nothing. How can I get this to work? The memory is PC100 512Meg.

Thanks,
Wazoo919
Online Computer Parts Store