ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753726 Members
4694 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Windows Bare Metal Recovery HPE Gen10 Plus with HPE Smart Array S100i SR Gen10 SW Raid

Melc1
Regular Visitor

Windows Bare Metal Recovery HPE Gen10 Plus with HPE Smart Array S100i SR Gen10 SW Raid

Four Samsung 860 SSDs configured as two logical volumes (RAID 1)

Trying to do a bare metal recovery on Server 2019 using the Windows Install Media. Cannot see the RAID drives. Tried loading the driver in the install (cp039949.exe) but the driver install says soemthing to the effect "Incorrect hardware or hardware not installed".

Made a recovery image using Windows loaded on teh same machin to the same effect. Any ideas woud be welcome

4 REPLIES 4
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: Windows Bare Metal Recovery HPE Gen10 Plus with HPE Smart Array S100i SR Gen10 SW Raid

Hello,

Please refer to the following article which supposedly describes the Bare Metal Recovery Process from this point onwards:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/sbs/archive/2010/06/11/how-to-perform-a-bare-metal-restore-on-small-business-server-2008.aspx

https://www.backupassist.com/blog/bare-metal-disaster-recovery-guide

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Melc1
Regular Visitor

Re: Windows Bare Metal Recovery HPE Gen10 Plus with HPE Smart Array S100i SR Gen10 SW Raid

I don't have a problem with how to perform a recovery. My problem is the driver supplied by HP to access the software RAID volumes will not install so there are no volumes availabel to recover to.

Miprolab
Occasional Visitor

Hi all,

I have the same issue. How to restore the backup if the drive-array ist not visible when starting the restore.

I am trying the restore with Veeam Agent for Windows. The bare metal recovery does not show any HDDs /Arrays in 'Disk Mapping' even I injected the driver for s100i Smart Array

Any help would be appreciated

TIA Frank

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @Miprolab,

Thank you for posting! Since you have posted in an old topic and there is no response yet, I would recommend you to create a new topic using the create "New Discussion" button, so the experts can check and guide you further. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo