ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1751687 Members
3838 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: data recovery from in accessible disks

Daniel Oranga

data recovery from in accessible disks

i was runnning sql on the business server and it requested for reboot then on loadning OS a msg inaccessible boot device while important business files were in drive C: how do i recovery the crucial data.
urgent thanks
wilem
3 REPLIES 3
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

Daniel, we need more information in order to formulate an accurate solution to this issue. Which model of server is this happening on? What was done that caused the server to request a reboot? Which Operating System are you running? Are the hard drives part of a RAID configuration or JBOD? It could be something as simple as a driver issue or may be a hardware failure.

Write back with the information and we will help as best we can.

Good luck,

Sean T. Craig Sr. C.E.T., M.C.P.

I am King...of my apartment.
Daniel Oranga

server hp proliant ml350, OS windows 2003,hardware configuration raid 5, with two disks mirroring each other, application SQL server requested a reboot upon an update, issue how will i be able to recover important data stored on one of the mirrored disks when i get a blue screen with a msg inaccessible disk.
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

After POST has completed, and immediately as Windows begins to boot, press the F8 key. Select 'Last known good configuration'.