6201 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: determining NetRAID model

SOLVED
Go to solution
CA1176808

determining NetRAID model

How can I determine the model of onboard NetRAID in my systems? For example, NetRAID (plain), NetRAID-4M, NetRAID-1si, etc.

dmesg output reports: megaraid: detected 1 logical drives
5 REPLIES 5
CA1054403

Hi Harry,

If you can afford to reboot the machine, the POST should detail the NETRAID model?

2M or 1si etc etc

Regards

Brian
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Hi Harry,

it is for sure not a Netraid 4M since the message you posted is from Megaraid, so it is a LSI-Logic oem product, not a Adaptec oem (like the Netraid 4M).

What server model do you have, some servers have a Netraid controller build into the systemboard. If we refer to the build in Netraid controller then it is just described as "embedded controller" or "build in controller" but if it caries a name like 3Si, 1Si, 1M, 2M then it is always a PCI plug in card, so not build in on the systemboard.

If it is not clear, providing the F/W and BIOS revision can also help to identify the Netraid model.

HTH

Kris
CA1176808

Kris,

One system is an LH6000r, PN D9193AV. The RAID controller is indeed integrated on the system board. The only designation given during bootup is 'NetRAID' (no suffix); the firmaware is B.02.04 / E.01.10.

My goal is to make sure we have the latest/correct firmaware revs, but I need the correct model to determine that.

Best,
Harry
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor
Solution

Harry,

for the LH6000r it recently rolled to fix a specific issue on Windows 2000 and it is available via the URL copied below.

The rev now is E.01.12 for the Netserver LT6000/LH6000/LH3000's embedded controller,
BIOS has not changed in the last roll.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?locale=en_USтМй=English&pnameOID=62577&prodSeriesId=50440&prodTypeId=15351&basePartNum=COL3586&locBasepartNum=ns-30522-1&os=Cross+OS&tech=Firmware++Storage+Controller

HTH

Kris
CA1176808

Thanks, Kris. We will update accordingly.

Best,
Harry