1752579 Members
4346 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: help! help!!help!!! Proliant DL 580 G2

CA1218126
Occasional Contributor

help! help!!help!!! Proliant DL 580 G2

The server would not come up when powered on. the hotplug in power supply units displays green led. the server attempts to boot initially producing the fan noise but no display on the RKM. please i need an urgent solution as it is the exchange server.
iread a doc suggesting that theThe Processor Voltage Regulator Module (VRM) May Fail Prematurely On Certain ProLiant DL580 G2 Servers.
the server s/n: is 801DLQK229.
PLASE I NEED AN URGENT ANSWER, AS EVERY BIT OF INFO WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED.
THANKS,
I REMAIN,
ADEDAMOLA IBIRONKE
2348046116764, thamola@yahoo.com
6 REPLIES 6
Jason Wall

Is this a result of an deliberate power down or has it shut itself down?
CA1218126
Occasional Contributor

this is as a result of a deliberate shut down. but on attempt to power on, the processor could not initialize to power on the server.
thanks alot
Jason Wall

Ok so you've, detached all peripherals(KVM, power) and re-seat memory & processors etc.? If you haven├в t, do it first. Only yesterday an I had ML570 that had a similar power up issue. it was resolved by reseating all components. Start with the basics, then try other H
CA1218126
Occasional Contributor

THANKS SO MUCH, YOUR REPLY IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED. BUT THE SERVER IS UNDER WARRANTY, AND ANY PHYSICAL DAMAGE IN THE PROCESS OF OPENING THE SERVER MAY RENDER THE WARRANTY VOID. PLEASE WHAT SHOULD I DO, SHOULD I TAKE IT TO THE HP SERVICE CENTRE OR MAY I GO AHEAD TO OPEN IT OR IF THERE IS AN ALTERNATIVE MEANS I'LL BE GLAD.
CA984331
Regular Advisor

Hi,

if the server is under warranty you should get help. There may a hardware defect.

greetings,

Michael
If you want your words to count, count your words!
CA1218126
Occasional Contributor

the problem has been resolved . all thanks to Jason Wall, i would like to rescore him 10 points. I got to the root of the problem by shaking the pci slots at the back of the server.
Thanks so much, you're appreciated.