ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753842 Members
8371 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: hp utility partition on the netserver LH plus

BR659428

hp utility partition on the netserver LH plus

I have an old LH plus running NT 4 service 6 which had drive 3 go bad on me. I enabled the hp utility partition using the disk manager to look into the problem. I now can't turn off the hp utility partition and get back into the NT server. How do I turn off the hp utility partition or get back or load the other partition?
4 REPLIES 4
Not applicable

Hi Stephan,

To end the HP utility partition, you should see an exit button. If you don't see that, try rebooting. If you still have problems, let me know, please.

Dion
BR659428

Thanks Dion for your prompt reply. I can see an exit button within the utility, but when exiting out, it just reboots the machine. Rebooting the machine just brings it back to the partition screen which asks you to hit F12 to enter the utility. That is the only option.
Not applicable

Hi Stephan,

It sounds like you may have a corrupt partititon. Try to bypass the utility first by pressing the spacebar. You can press the spacebar about once a second as soon as your keyboard becomes active. If this fails, you might want to run fdisk and see which partiton is your active one. If it's the partiton with the utility installed, you'll need to change it. I really can't go into alot of details here because I don't know what you've got for hardware and software. If you still have problems, give HP Customer Care a call. This link has the phone number(s) you need.

http://netserver.hp.com/contact/phone.asp

Dion
BR659428

Dion,
Thanks for your help! I'll look into the the problem with the partition.