1752815 Members
6405 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: i want to disable the embedded e200 smart array controller

Burri Andreas

i want to disable the embedded e200 smart array controller

following situation.
I've got an ML350 G5 (BIOS latest D21 version)
with an embedded Smart Array E200 controller.
I've installed a second Smart Array P400 controller. because this one got more RAM. All Arrays are on the P400 controller. Now my IML log is full of the 1785 Event. because there is no disk array at the e200 controller. now i wanted to deactivate this controller. but it's impossible. i even called HP. and they told me i could disable it in the BIOS. but this option isn't there. i've called HP again, and they told me that this feature was outtaken from the new BIOS version. does any one know how i could disable it any way. because i don't want this event logged any more.
thanks for any reply.
3 REPLIES 3
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

The technique below works on SOME of the ProLiant's with embedded/integrated Smart Array Controllers. Go into the RBSU (ROM-Based Setup Utility) by pressing F9 during reboot. Select PCI Devices. Select your Smart Array e200 Controller. For the Smart Array e200 Controller's IRQ, select Disabled. Press the F10 key to save and exit the RBSU.

Let me know if that works.
Burri Andreas

Hi.
Well the tricky thing is. It looks i have one of the Proliants which i can't select this option in the PCI Device configuration.
I've checked also my second ML350 G5. and there is that option neither.
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

I've never tried the following, but since you're using Parallel SCSI instead of Serial SCSI, perhaps you could disable the SAS Information agent in Control Panel -> HP Management Agents.