1752796 Members
6094 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

iLO 100c behind NAT

PK__
Occasional Contributor

iLO 100c behind NAT

I have an iLO 100c management card (for ProLiant ML 150 G3) connecting to a router.

What do I have to do to allow external network (i.e. from the internet) to access the web interface?
12 REPLIES 12
JimmyV_1

Re: iLO 100c behind NAT

I'm not sure what ports the 100c uses, but you will have to setup port forwards on your router to access it external
PK__
Occasional Contributor

I have already forwarded port 80 and 443 to the iLo, but the VKVM/Virtual Drive does not work. I have tried setting the iLo to be in the DMZ, but the VKVM still does not work.

I always gets the connection timeout from the VKVM. I wonder if it simply doesn't work behind NAT or if there is a problem with my configurations.
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

Your router should be capable of logging failed attempts / blocks. Are the router logs showing the port blocks from the IP address of your desktop / iLO client?
PK__
Occasional Contributor

I used the sniffer on my machine, and it seems like the VKVM client is trying to connect to the iLo by using the private address (i.e. 192.168.0.11:5900).

Is there a way to fix this? (The iLo firmware is already up-to-date.)
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

Assuming the iLO 100c requires the same ports as an iLO, you may find the following thread useful:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1046832&admit=-682735245+1169138667765+28353475

On an iLO I can see the ports required by logging into the iLO and selecting Administration then Global Settings.
PK__
Occasional Contributor

iLO 100c does not have an option to specify ports. In the network settings, the only thing I can modify is its IP address.
E. Biemans

Has anyone found a solution. I'm not able to login via a NAT (Speedtouch) connection. The login dialog pops-up but the password is not accepted. The ILO 100C does work in the LAN, but is unwanted for remote administration.

E. Biemans

New firmware for ILO 100 C Fixes my login problem. Still behind NAT remote console (KVMS) is not working because the browser wants to connect to the local port :5900 in stead of :5900

So ILO 100C needs the following ports:
80, 443 and 5900

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/lights-out/us/download/26563.html

Fixes

Base management release:

Resolved an issue with the Lights-Out 100 Power-On-hours counter so that it doesn't record time during power down state.

Resolved an issue handling negative temperature values when ambient temperatures fall below zero.

Lights-Out100c release:

Resolved an issue with the Lights-Out 100 Power-On-hours counter so that it doesn't record time during power down state.

Resolved an issue with the cause for last restart not being displayed correctly after a PEF action.

Resolved an issue with logins not working with Internet Explorer Version 7 (IE7) and with users continuously being prompted for passwords.

Resolved an issue where virtual storage may not be recognized properly when the system is coming out of hibernation.

Resolved an issue where characters could be dropped when using 115KBaud serial redirection.

Resolved an issue with occasional mouse tracking problems during heavy loads when using the virtual KVM.

Resolved an issue with the backspace key not working correctly in telnet.

Resolved an issue with the retries not functioning correctly in dial-out paging PEF action.

Resolved an issue where occasionally the reflected power state was inaccurate if a PEF action failed.

Resolved an issue handling negative temperature values when ambient temperatures fall below zero.

Improved the accuracy of the voltage sensors displayed in the HTML screen.

Resolved an issue with the reliability of thermal trip events logged in the SEL.

Peter Rap─Нan

Hi, I remember reading in the documentation that Virtual KVM is not supported (not working) over NAT. However I cannot even access the web interface over NAT from WAN (from LAN it works). I have NAT (port forwarding) and firewall set up correctly on my router - for ports 22, 80, 443 (ssh access works from WAN, web interface does not). I have the newest firmware. Any ideas?