ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1748239 Members
3603 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ilo 4 health degraded - mostlikely embedded Flash/SD-Card died.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Geotrupus
Occasional Visitor

ilo 4 health degraded - mostlikely embedded Flash/SD-Card died.

Hi all, 

when setting up new one of my Microserver Gen8 cube, I noticed the IP (intelligent provisioning) stopped loading at 52%. I tried serveral times, but as still stopping at 52%, I decided to upgrade IP from V1.60 to V1.63 via upgrade DVD.  The upgrade went well (no errors), but since rebooting the server, the ilO health status is degraded and reports a problem with the embedded Flash/SD-Card. I tried serveral workarounds like formatting the NAND via XML-Script, via built-in feature of the iLO-firmware 2.61, power down the server after an before formatting the NAND  and also to re-install IP - but all without success. So my conclusion is, that the NAND died :-( 

My questions are: Even there is no warranty anmyore available, any chance to get a new or refurbished systemboard for the server (as a privat person)? If yes, how much are the costs being expected?

A new Microserver Gen10 is unfortunaltey no option as iLO is mandatory for my environment.

Thank you very much in advance for any help and/or response. 

Regards

5 REPLIES 5
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro
Solution

You can order a sysem board via HPE Partsurfer http://partsurfer.hpe.com/search.aspx

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Geotrupus
Occasional Visitor

Thanks Jimmy, 

I had a look at it .... not a cheap one for €307,- ... but ok ... it's a solution to get it fixed - thanks :-)

Regards

Geo

srinivas772
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I got the solution from this site for below error message. 

Embedded Flash/SD-CARD : Controller firmware revision 2.10.00 NAND read failure 

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=a00048622en_us

Followed Steps from: Steps to perform a NAND format via the iLO GUI 

medaxc
Occasional Advisor

Hi, 

thx for advices. But, after 2 mins I have same issue!?

I give up!

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @medaxc,

Thank you for posting! Since you have posted in an old topic and there is no response yet, we would recommend you to create a new topic using the create "New Discussion" button, so the experts can check and assist you further. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo