1753797 Members
7961 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: installing DL380 G2, how to reconstruct CD's

CA707630
Advisor

installing DL380 G2, how to reconstruct CD's

I'm installing a DL380 G2 with Win2K Pro. Going to the software/firmware download section presents me with many items.

I'd like to reconstruct the CD package that arrives with this server from HP. How do I do this? How many CD's and what files on them?

Any thoughts appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Kazuto Okayasu
Advisor

You need to download and burn the HP SmartStart CD that's about halfway down that download page.
CA707630
Advisor

So, only this CD is shipped with a new server? I guess what I need to know is what is the sequence of file/driver/software installation? The only added hardware I'm using is a 5304.

I'm downloading smartstart right now so if this info is on it that will do.
Kazuto Okayasu
Advisor

The iso from the downloads section is identical to what would ship with a new server (but the latest version). Since I assume the 380 is used:
-Fully install any Compaq/HP hardware you intend to use in it (array controllers, disks, HBAs, etc.)
-Boot SmartStart. It'll likely have you run System Erase.
-Boot SmartStart again, and this time have your OS CD ready. It will walk you through the entire setup process.

If you're used to manually doing BIOS setup, OS install and driver install, that will seem like a joke after doing a SmartStart.