ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1752808 Members
5955 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: lh pro 200/6 and w2k

Josh_24

lh pro 200/6 and w2k

I inherited an HP LH PRO 200/6 with dual processor with 320k. It also has Netraid and 3 4gb HDD. I updated the BIOS, ECU and netraid firmware. Every time is try to boot from the CD or floppies, it hangs on "setup is inspecting your computer's hardware configuration". Any solutions or suggestions? Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6
BR19682
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there.
Are you sure, that you got the multiprocessor version of W2K ?
On the other hand with these cpu's it is not the fastest. Memory should als be more then 320kB. Consider to upgrade to at least 128 MB.
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"
CA660377
Honored Contributor

Take the system down to basics, remove all PCI or EISA cards except for the netraid controller. Have you performed a clear cmos on the system?
Brian Wildman
Advisor

This box is not ACPI compatible hit F7 when it says to hit F6 in the very begining of the install. That will disable ACPI features and allow windows to continue to install.
Josh_24

Thanks for the response. I removed the only other card (PCI NIC), cleared CMOS and updated the ECU. I got past the last screen and now get the following message on the setup screen: "ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded. The error code is 7". According to Microsoft, this is an error in the BIOS or bad RAM. I have updated BIOS and ran a diagnosis of the 320M of RAM installed. All checks out OK. Any additional suggestions? Also, I can't find any info. at Microsoft about a dual processor version of W2K Server. Thanks for the help!
BR122104

Hello,

There is no such thing as a separate multi-processor version of Windows 2000. During installation, Windows 2000 setup will detect whether or not the machine is a multi-processor machine and install the correct kernel and hal for the machine.

Have you tried clearing the CMOS using the dip switch on the motherboard?

If you have and it still does not work, I would consider to troubleshoot processor and memory hardware. I.e. test with one processor, with less RAM.

FYI, I have a uni-processor version of the LD Pro (stripped down version of LH Pro) and it is running fine with Windows 2000 server.

Good luck,

Erwin
CA660377
Honored Contributor

Try installing with only one stick of memory in the system, then add the rest after the install is complete. If it fails again, try another stick.