ProLiant Servers - Netservers

making a drive other than the raid the bootable system drive on a dual 600meg p3 proliant 3000

SOLVED
Go to solution
CA333716

making a drive other than the raid the bootable system drive on a dual 600meg p3 proliant 3000

I have a proliant 3000 dual 600meg p3 rack mount server with a 10 disk smart raid array, i wish to make a seperate scsi drive running off of the motherboard scsi port the start-up system drive and only use the array for data. i hav enot had sucess working this out. any help is greatly appreciated.

frank freeman
2 REPLIES 2
CA859951
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: making a drive other than the raid the bootable system drive on a dual 600meg p3 proliant 3000

Frank:

Have you set the boot controller order priority to use the onboard controller first and then set the SmartArray to a higher number?
"Now is the only thing that's real!"
CA333716

Re: making a drive other than the raid the bootable system drive on a dual 600meg p3 proliant 3000

thanks..

by going into system config i was able to reset the raids to a higher boot number thereby making the on-board scsi drive the c drive and leaving the raid for a data only drive. lots easier to admin and backup thanks

frank