ProLiant Servers - Netservers
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

microserver gen8 ilo error - embedded flash / sd card : embedded media initialization failed ...

Highlighted
Smithereens
Occasional Advisor

microserver gen8 ilo error - embedded flash / sd card : embedded media initialization failed ...

Hi, I have an issue with ilo ...

logging into ILO results in the following error in ILO event log...

Embedded flash / sd card : embedded media initialization failed due to media write-verify test failure

Diagnosics - selftest reveals - Controller firmware revision 2.10.00 NAND read failure

Any advice anyone? Is there an inherent problem with this server, and I've been conned?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Ash_1711
HPE Pro

Re: microserver gen8 ilo error - embedded flash / sd card : embedded media initialization failed ...

Hi ,

Please find the link mentioned below this is a reference advisory for the issue, please follow the steps mentioned in the resolution.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04996097

Regards,

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Smithereens
Occasional Advisor

Re: microserver gen8 ilo error - embedded flash / sd card : embedded media initialization failed ...

Hi Ash,

Thanks for your reply.  Sorry for not replying sooner.

Thanks for that link = I've tried the suggested solutions. my ilo was already 2.70.

After formattiing a couple of times, resetting / powering off ( and pulling cable out of the back for half hour),

The message I have now is ...

Controller firmware revision 2.10.00 NAND read failure: Media is in a WRITE-PROTECTED state

From googling around, it looks like the only solution is to replace the board. And that is not going to happen. I think I@ve been fleeced.

What's the NAND for anyway? Is it needed for anything specifically?