ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1752655 Members
5780 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

microserver gen8 ilo error - embedded flash / sd card : embedded media initialization failed ...

Smithereens
Occasional Advisor

microserver gen8 ilo error - embedded flash / sd card : embedded media initialization failed ...

Hi, I have an issue with ilo ...

logging into ILO results in the following error in ILO event log...

Embedded flash / sd card : embedded media initialization failed due to media write-verify test failure

Diagnosics - selftest reveals - Controller firmware revision 2.10.00 NAND read failure

Any advice anyone? Is there an inherent problem with this server, and I've been conned?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Ash_1711
HPE Pro

Re: microserver gen8 ilo error - embedded flash / sd card : embedded media initialization failed ...

Hi ,

Please find the link mentioned below this is a reference advisory for the issue, please follow the steps mentioned in the resolution.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04996097

Regards,

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Smithereens
Occasional Advisor

Re: microserver gen8 ilo error - embedded flash / sd card : embedded media initialization failed ...

Hi Ash,

Thanks for your reply.  Sorry for not replying sooner.

Thanks for that link = I've tried the suggested solutions. my ilo was already 2.70.

After formattiing a couple of times, resetting / powering off ( and pulling cable out of the back for half hour),

The message I have now is ...

Controller firmware revision 2.10.00 NAND read failure: Media is in a WRITE-PROTECTED state

From googling around, it looks like the only solution is to replace the board. And that is not going to happen. I think I@ve been fleeced.

What's the NAND for anyway? Is it needed for anything specifically?

Smithereens
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

Just a bump -

Hi Ash,

After formattiing a couple of times, resetting / powering off ( and pulling cable out of the back for half hour),

The message I have now is ...

Controller firmware revision 2.10.00 NAND read failure: Media is in a WRITE-PROTECTED state

From googling around, it looks like the only solution is to replace the board.

Can you let me know what is the NAND please? Is it needed for anything specifically?