108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: migrate raid configuration from b140i to p440ar

SOLVED
Go to solution
piuscran
Visitor

migrate raid configuration from b140i to p440ar

I have a gen9 server that came with B140i onboard array controller, which currently running my RAID, but I want to upgrade to p440ar for better performance and I don't want to lose my data on the disk,

How do I backup my old raid configuration on the b140i and move that configuration to p440ar array controller please I need help?

4 REPLIES 4
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro
Solution

@piuscran wrote:

I have a gen9 server that came with B140i onboard array controller, which currently running my RAID, but I want to upgrade to p440ar for better performance and I don't want to lose my data on the disk,

How do I backup my old raid configuration on the b140i and move that configuration to p440ar array controller please I need help?

The array configuration is actually stored on the drives and not the controller.  Arrays created with the B140 are compatible with the P440ar

*Standard disclaimer: Before making any changes with an array, verify you have a valid data backup

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
piuscran
Visitor

@Jimmy Vance

Thank you for your response.

based on your response should I upgrade the B140i to the P440 ar?

and will the RAID configuration from B140i be imported into p440ar array controller?

or the is something I need to do (other than backing up my data on the server)

if so, please I would really appreciate. because I can not afford a data backup. that's why I wanted to do the array controller upgrade without any data loss until when I can afford to do a data backup 

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@piuscran wrote:

@Jimmy Vance

Thank you for your response.

based on your response should I upgrade the B140i to the P440 ar?

and will the RAID configuration from B140i be imported into p440ar array controller?

or the is something I need to do (other than backing up my data on the server)

if so, please I would really appreciate. because I can not afford a data backup. that's why I wanted to do the array controller upgrade without any data loss until when I can afford to do a data backup 

There should be no issue moving from the B140i to the P440ar, but there is always a chance for the rare exception where something doesn't go right.  I can't tell you to make the change or wait, just the suggestion to make sure you have a backup in case something does go wrong.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
piuscran
Visitor

Hi, Jimmy,

Please how can I migrate my RAID 1 to RAID 10  on p440ar controller without data loss

thanks