ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753873 Members
7714 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

proliant 7000 questions

CA1497559

proliant 7000 questions

I did not see my question I posted here earlier so if by chance this is the second posting same subject I apologize
I have a Compaq Proliant 7000 server that I bought and it has no software/utilities with it.
I had Windows 2003 server running on it which worked well for several months then it started crashing. I thought that I had installed a bad driver on it so I tried to reload the OS on it but every time it got to about 50-60% it would blue screen (machine exception check) and reboot. I was told that the problem might be bad sectors on the drives so a low level format might fix it. When I use the F-10 menu to get to the drive array configuration it asks for the “drive array configuration diskette”. I also want to add an additional drive and I am assuming that I will need the same disk to complete this. It is currently configured as follows 5 18.3 GB SCSI drives in Raid 5 on a 3100ES drive array controller.
Solutions that I have tried so far I downloaded the smart start 5.50 disk, I was able to extract the iso and make a cd however when I went into the menus on another machine it would not let me make the diskettes giving me the error ‘cannot find the smart start cd” I tried using the cd in the Proliant server also did not work. The cd would boot but I could not run any utilities from it. Both the drive array diagnostics and the drive array configuration options want a diskette. So what I am looking for is 1. How do I make/acquire a drive array diskette. 2. how do I perform a low level format. 3. how do I add the additional scsi drive, All heve to be done in the “offline”environment as the is not an OS loaded on it yet. Any help would be greatly!!! appreciated as I have spent days on this and cannot seem to figure it out. Thank you in advance