ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1752745 Members
4882 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

smart array b120i raid ARRAY LOST after power down and restart. Logical Volume 1785 -

SOLVED
Go to solution
DdotVDot
Occasional Visitor

smart array b120i raid ARRAY LOST after power down and restart. Logical Volume 1785 -

Had to shut severdown for UPS change out. when i started the HP Proliant Gen 8 server with dynamic smart array b120i raid controller(v3.54.0) back up, the physical drives are still there and fine but the RAID 1 Array is no longer present.

I get a Logical Volume 1785 - Drive Array Not Configured

Is there a way to recreate the original RAID-1 Array without losing the data?

4 REPLIES 4
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: smart array b120i raid ARRAY LOST after power down and restart. Logical Volume 1785 -

Hello,

I would suggest you follow the below steps.

1. Verify B140i detecting the RBSU.

Solution
Boot the server in the BIOS using the F9 options:
Select the System Options, SATA Controller Options as shown below:
Then select the Embedded SATA controller as shown below:
Warning message will come once the user hits Enter:
Then select Enable Dynamic HP Smart Array B120i controller:

2. Follow the below link.

HPE Dynamic Smart Array B120i - Controller Not Detected with OS Install

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c03456411

3. Update the system bios with the latest.

4..System bios need to be replace if the issue still persists after performing the above steps.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

DdotVDot
Occasional Visitor

Re: smart array b120i raid ARRAY LOST after power down and restart. Logical Volume 1785 -

Thank you for the response and instructions.
Will we lose the data that currently resides on the RAID 1 drives after performing these steps ?
DdotVDot
Occasional Visitor

This did not work. But it also did not cause me to lose any data. Thanks for the suggestion anway. 

DdotVDot
Occasional Visitor
Solution

i was able to get the linux OS to boot back up in the following manner;

Even though it may not have been the best way, it worked for me. Again, the  RAID 1 logical array was lost when the server was powered down for UPS maintenance.  Presumably, because the CMOS battery died??

1- I first removed the 2nd drive of the RAID 1 array from its bay to preserve the data in the event this plan did not work.

2- I turned the server back on and after gettings the 0 logical drives, 1785-Drive Array Not Configured message, I booted into the Smart Storage Administrator where it showed no arrays configured but 1 physical drive.(because i removed the 2nd one to be safe)

3-I selected create an array and selected the 1 physical disk available and created a RAID 0 array, saved the settings and rebooted.

4-The server is now up on 1 drive. Long enough for me to setup a new server and export the configurations and data to it.

5-Once that is done, i may try to shut the server down, install a new cmos battery,  boot up and set the RAID 1 array backup and see if all data  is still preserved.