1753846 Members
7643 Online
108807 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: unable to load windows server 2003 onto ML150 server

shane horsman
Occasional Contributor

unable to load windows server 2003 onto ML150 server

I have just been supplied a new ML150 server with 2 SAS drives in raid 1 steup and 4 sata drives in raid 5 setup. when i install server 2003 i use F6 to install Raid drivers and continue but it gets to "Setup is starting Windows" accross the bottom but stops there.
Keyboard seems to be frozen also.
I am using an external USB floppy for the drivers. Any help would be appreciated
4 REPLIES 4
Robert
Advisor

ML150 came in many difference versions. You didn't specify the version you have. Most ML350's has a floppy IDE on the motherboard. If a floppy IDE is available on the motherboard, use that with a temporary floppy drive instead of the USB. If not, attach a temporary second ROM to the IDE along with the current ROM. Burn the drivers to a disc and use that Disc as the driver source.
Good Luck
Robert
Advisor

Sorry, meant to say ML150 instead of ML350.
shane horsman
Occasional Contributor

Thanks robert out of interest it is a G5 model. I have ended up getting it going.
First i switched sata controller 1 to disabled as someone else said in another post but that made no difference so then i changed slots with the raid card and then it works fine and doesnt need third party drivers for the E200 card as it turned out.
Robert
Advisor

Figures it'd be something simple like that. G5? Nice piece. You'll enjoy 3K on that machine. I've got two vintage G2's I just modified the fans for quieter running and modified 2 Antec True Power 650's to go in each. Both running 3K. Enjoy your machine. Best Regards -