ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753516 Members
5215 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: unexpected reboot ML350 G4p no errors shown

Ian Rocky

unexpected reboot ML350 G4p no errors shown

am setting up a new ML350 G4p Tower (2 x Xeon 3.2 Ghz, 4GB RAM, Ultra 320 Scsi, Smart array 641) and the server keeps rebooting with no warning, no errors. I have run diagnostics with no problems. I have updated all 2003 components, and all relevant hardware drivers and ROM's and this is still occuring. Server is plugged directly into power outlet. Any help/diagnostic tools I can use would be gratefully appreciated.Thanks Ian.
3 REPLIES 3
El.Magnifico
Frequent Advisor

Hi Ian.

Just a suggestion but did you try scanning for viruses?
How long does it take from reboot to reboot?
Did you check temperature?
Maybe an ASR occured?

Checked iLO eventlog? Sometimes there you can find informations that IML was not able to report.

Ian Rocky

Thanks for your reply.
Its a new install from scratch - so should be no viruses. Will try scanning.
reboot is random sometimes every 15 mins or longer.
Temp checks all ok
reboot has happened in the middle of booting up and when starting to use smart start CD
iLO event log contains nothing.
I have book support call with HP engineer.
El.Magnifico
Frequent Advisor

Maybe a defective RAM could cause this error, did you try removing half of RAM and later the other part?

I remember there where faked RAM modules in the market some time ago. HP diagnostics will not always find all hardware problems so we usually try changing hardware components one by one to see, if the error could be fixed.

To make sure rhe OS isn't the reason you could start the server from a linux CD or something like that to see if you have reboots in the same frequence.

Michael

PS
Good luck with the HP engineer.