ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753776 Members
6983 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ups compaq T1500h : cable and software

ups compaq T1500h : cable and software

hello, I have a UPS T1500h by compaq.
How I can find the cable what I need to monitor the ups, what is the part number code? and where I can find it?

Moreover, I also need a softwware for windows 2000/Xp. Where Can I find it? tanks to everyone
7 REPLIES 7
servicedesk_6
Occasional Contributor

Hi yyivi ericper,
You can get the cable to HP office that is support your product. If you need a software just download to HP website.

Cheer,
Sigit

>You can get the cable to HP office that is support your product.

The hp support saysd that tye didn't know the cable code that I need . what can I do?

>If you need a software just download to HP website.

yes, I can download. but, which software I need, wich is the download page on hp site?
Alan Candy

Hello All,

Yes, I would very much like to know the answers to these questions too.

I have a Compaq T1000h and a T1500h UPS, but no cable for either. Can anyone direct me to the Serial Cable wiring diagram at least?

Also, I have looked for the Monitoring Software on the HP & Compaq sites, but haven't found it. Can anyone please provide a link?

TIA,
KW
Alan Candy

This may be useful to some:

The Cable's HP Part Number is 295245-00x (3 or 4?).

You can find it on the net. (Couldn't find it in HP Part Surfer.)

I hope to list a pin-out shortly.

Any help anyone can offer with the software would be much appreciated.
Alan Candy

This topic gives some very useful answers:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=224332

Cheers
BR769636
Frequent Advisor

I recently got hold of a T1000h to replace an APC Smart-UPS 1400 that is powering a ML370 running Windows 2003 Server. Previously the the APC UPS was connected using the supplied serial cable to the server and the UPS options in the Control Panel applet were set for the APC Smart-UPS. This worked perfectly and the server could detect the UPS going onto battery and would shutdown gracefully after the configured time period.
Is this possible with the Compaq T1000h? I have tried the APC serial cable and also made one up to the following spec:

UPS DB-9M DB-9F RS-232

Receive 1 <---------------------------< 3 TxD
Transmit 2 <---------------------------< 2 RxD
Common 4 <---------------------------< 5 SG
PnP_En 6 <---------------------------< 7

The only options in the UPS settings are models: None, APC, and Generic. None of which I can get to work.
I simply want the functionality I had with the APC Smart-UPS - where the server can detect whether the UPS in on battery or mains and if on battery for a pre-configured time with shut itself down gracefully.

Thanks

Andy
BR769636
Frequent Advisor

Just an update on this.... After a bit more googling I found the LanSafe software from Powerware and downloaded it.

http://www.powerware.com/software/Lansafe5.asp?CC=1

I have installed this on the Windows 2003 Server and it is working with the made up cable I listed previously. I would have been happier using the built-in Windows UPS features but this will suffice.
I assume it wouldn't have been too difficult to write an extension to the built-in Windows UPS software to support the Powerware UPS's? Any idea why they didn't and wrote thier own?

Thanks

Andy