1752565 Members
5725 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: where I can download SmartStart for linux or FreeBSD

Nyuguss
Occasional Contributor

where I can download SmartStart for linux or FreeBSD

I purchased a HP Proliant Ml 350G5 server last week, it came with a SmartStart bootable CD which you have to run before installing your OS. When I run it it doesn't have options for Linux or FreeBSD which I want to use on my server. I don't want use windos or Novell, any help How I am going to install my FreeBSD, or where I can download SmartStart for linux or FreeBSD. please help. Urgent
4 REPLIES 4
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

SmartStart isn't required to install an OS on a ProLiant, but it can simplify things.

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/smartstart/index.html
Nyuguss
Occasional Contributor

Thank you very much for your reply and it helps a lot. Now how do you get to install Redhat Linux enterprise in ML350G5, when I try the Harddisk cannot be seen. What the problem? any help?
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

I know little about installing RHEL, but you may want to check Red Hat's HCL (Hardware Compatibility List) that the array controller is supported. Is it a Smart Array P400?
Chris Rosan
Valued Contributor

Make sure you create the raid disk through smartstart first. Redhat should see it.

Otherwise you may need to add the drivers into the install. You should find documentation on Rehdat's site on how to do this.