ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1751920 Members
5218 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

where to get an old SmartStart version

Tony Robison

where to get an old SmartStart version

I have an old DL380 (G1 I guess you could say), and am repurposing it to be an FTP server. Problem is, I don't have the correct version of SmartStart for that server. The SmartStart for my newer servers doesn't work. Anyone know where I can download the version of SmartStart that works with the original DL380s? Many thanks,

Tony
4 REPLIES 4
CA859951
Honored Contributor

Re: where to get an old SmartStart version

Tony:

You can purchase SmartStart 5.50 from HP here:
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/subscription/PSM_subscription.html
for around US$25.00
SmartStart 5.50 cannot be downloaded.
"Now is the only thing that's real!"
Tarek Kawach
Honored Contributor

Hi Tony:

You don't hae to purchase the smart start cd for that server; you can do manual install.

The embedded ROC Raid Controller has RBSU or Orca; with F8 you can access the bios for that controller and create your logical drive.

once the logical drive is created; you can then manually install Windows or any other o/s.

Once the o/s is installed you can then Autorun the latest Smart start to install latest proliant support packs.

Best regards,

Tarek.
Hey, look a light at the end of the tunnel.
Wade Schofield

I have an Proliant ML 530 server that was donated to our school. I set up a 1:1 RAID array of 40G and loaded Ubuntu Linux on it. It boots fine but I have to hit "F1" to continue or it hangs forever on the ROM start up screen. If I hit "F1" the OS comes up and everything works fine.

I did F8 and set a boot controller (tried both options) and it doesn't help.

I have SmartStart 7.10 which told me I don't have a default boot controller but doesn't support this server to check the configuration.

Per HP I need SmartStart 5.50 which I can't find anywhere to download.

Whew! Any ideas?
osopolar

i just found this and i am downloading it now to see if it works. hope it helps

jim

http://www.filewatcher.com/m/CPQSMST550.iso.633309184.0.0.html