1753726 Members
4499 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: D2700 drive array shows all drives in fault condition

hansonla
Occasional Visitor

D2700 drive array shows all drives in fault condition

After finally configuring my D2700 11x900GB drive array to work with my VMWare ESXi server yesterday, I came in this morning to find my server room air conditioner had failed.  Two servers had shutdown from overheating, but not the DL 380 G7 controlling the D2700 shelf.  However, all 11 drives in the D2700 show in fault condition.  The ESXi server no longer sees any of the 5 logical drives on the shelf.  I don't think the drives have all actually failed - but I can't find anything in the documentation that deals with this kind of problem.  I think I have to power cycle the disk shelf, and then reboot the DL380 so the controller rescans the array and finds the drives.  Has anyone dealt with this sort of problem before?  I have no data on the disk shelf yet (thankfully) so if I have to boot to the ACU disk I can rebuild from scratch - as long as the disks are OK.

Is my plan safe to implement?  Am I missing something?

1 REPLY 1
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: D2700 drive array shows all drives in fault condition

Hi, well if you want to be extra careful with the disks I suppose it would be safer to reboot the server first and perhaps run ACU and get some diagnostics before you try to reboot the shelf and the disks.