1748280 Members
3995 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion

Fibre channel switch configuration

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Fibre channel switch configuration

I have a Storageworks fibre channel SAN switch 16-EL, but I cannot login to the box to configure it. I have scoured the Compaq website and found what is supposed to be the default user ID and password, to no avail. I have tried various combinations of Admin and Administrator and Manager plus no password or the supposed default password. When the switch boots the boot sequence is displayed on the laptop connected to it. Any suggestions?

Adrian
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Fibre channel switch configuration

following information for reference

Using the Web-Based Software
The following sections tells you how to use the Web-based software. You can use the Web-based software to manage your switches and tape controllers. Use one of the supported browsers when accessing the Fabric Page:
Microsoft Internet Explorer version 4.01 or 5 that runs on Intel computers
Netscape Communicator version 4.6 that runs on Tru64 UNIX version 4 or 5
How User Accounts Work
To access the Fabric Page, enter a user name and a password. In this software release you are given three predefined user names and passwords. You cannot add, delete, or modify the user names. However, you can as administrator, change the passwords of the user names. Table D-2 shows the available accounts.

Table D-2
Available User Accounts
Account: User
User Name: user
Password: public
Privileges: Can not make changes to the Fabric Page, Can make changes to the configuration pages of the elements, Cannot add, rename, or delete fabrics and elements

Account: Operator
User Name: operator
Password: operator
Privileges: Cannot make changes to the Fabric Page, Can make changes to the configuration pages of the elements, Cannot add, rename, or delete fabrics and elements

Account: Administrator
User Name: administrator
Password: administrator
Privileges: Can make changes to the Fabric Page and to the configuration pages of the elements, Can change the password of an account, Can add, rename, or delete fabrics and elements

Changing the Password of a User Account
If you have administrative privileges, you can change the password of a user account. To change the password, you must access the Account Login page.
For more information on how to access the Account Login page, see the
section, ??Accessing the Fabric Page.??

Accessing the Fabric Page
1. Verify you have installed a supported Web browser.
2. Open your Web browser, type ??http://??, and then the name of the system
on which you installed the Agent software followed by ??:2301??, as shown here:
http://agent.system.xx.compaq.com:2301
You see the Device Home Page.