1753510 Members
5762 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP P212/256 Smart Array Controller on IBM x3550 M3 Server

TVVJ
HPE Pro

The HP Smart Array P212 Controller has a server interface of x8 and wired for x8, of PCIe 2.0 specification and of Low Profile PCIe Form Factor.

For a Low Profile PCIe Form Factor, Slot 1: Low-profile appears to be a fit. If it can be confirmed with the server vendor that the x16 riser slots will take x8 form factor cards and function are x8 speed, then that riser card may be planned. In your question, check if this is true for "46M1070  5076                               IBM System x3550 M3 PCI-Express (1x16) Riser Card"

Hope this helps

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

Yorick-S

Hello,

I have the same problem with my ibm system x: "When I boot the server with the card installed I get a white screen IBM coming up and it states That it is ' Initializing Disks and Adapters ' , Then I get a screen That says something like ' HP P212 Smart Controller ..... Initializing ' at the top and this stays for a about 10 seconds , Then the screen goes black and nothing happens "

I tried to install my Smart Array Controller slot on different but I still have the same problem.

Y is there to do setup in the BIOS before installing it ?

How to access the ORCA if not boot?

thank you